Translate

Sunday, February 12, 2017

 Fe. 2017
My calendar is filled with "vaccine dates".

I am in the midst of planning and packing for a month-long visit to Achuar land in Ecuador. This will be my 4th time there. At my age, this will also be my last. Preparations include getting all of the immunizations recommended for Ecuador. And they have to be spaced over time. In January I received Yellow Fever and Japanese Encephalitis vaccines. Since they contain live virus, I had to wait a month before I could have the next two. Feb 2 was a red letter day: Meningitis and rabies shot # 1. Feb. 9 was rabies #2. Feb. 23 will be my last rabies shot. At least my Hepatitis A and B and T-dap are up to date and  I caught a break on the Typhoid vaccine, it is a capsule that I will take on Feb. 16, 18, and 20th. I start my malaria pills 3 days out.

No comments:

Post a Comment