Translate

Monday, February 13, 2017

All part of getting ready to travel.

I went to the Dentist today, 32nd St. Dental. Cleaning.  They donated 40 tooth brushes for the Achuar community of Pukuan. Thank you Dr. Carroll.

I spent a good amount of time removing them from their cardboard and plastic wrapping. I placed them in a big zip lock. I am saving every once of luggage weight I can, and the Achuar really do not need waste packaging brought into their community.

What do you think about all of the excess packaging? I would say it is partly for display convenience but mostly to keep small items from "walking" out of the store.

Don't you just hate that? You buy an item, it is on a card with a plastic bubble protecting it, you buy it and it is put in a bag and you are given a paper receipt. How much of that goes in the trash?

Just saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment